You can benefit from mindfulness training whether you have a specific problem or not. Mindfulness helps you to see with greater clarity and helps you deal with the difficulties you encounter in life more effectively, both real and imagined.
Counseling is available for those individuals who are unable to take a class or would like to work on a customized basis to address specific issues.
Challenges that can be addressed in individual counseling can include:
- Anxiety (worry, generalized anxiety, shyness or social anxiety)
- Depression or chronic unhappiness
- Chronic stress
- Life transitions (divorce, job change, personal loss or illness)
Training in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) provides the foundation of the counseling approach, which has been tested and proven effective in clinical trials throughout the world. MBCT consists of a gentle, systematic training in mindfulness, which is the cultivation of a relaxed and focused attention. When coupled with training in self-compassion, we can learn to explore and understand our own mind in the present moment, with curiosity and self-kindness. This provides the opportunity for true change and transformation.
Personal Mindfulness Training
Learn how to incorporate mindfulness and self-compassion practices into your daily life for greater happiness and well-being. Personalized training is available for those new to mindfulness…as well as those experienced in mindfulness practices.
Benefits of Mindfulness and Self-Compassion Training
- Enhanced resiliency for coping with stress and life challenges
- Greater emotional well-being and calm
- More motivation and the capacity to maintain healthy lifestyle habits
- Self-compassion boosts your self-esteem from the inside out and provides the foundation for greater empathy and compassion for others
- Better and improved relationships
- Reduces the negative impact of chronic pain and serious health conditions
- Bolsters the immune system and can improve health
- Improvement in memory, clarity, and creativity