The Mindful Way Through Chronic Worry and Anxiety
Individuals struggle with worry, fear and anxiety in many ways. Avoiding feared situations or pushing worry out of mind-only make the problem worse. A Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) program for anxiety can help you break free and assist you in reclaiming your life.
Generalized anxiety (excessive worry) and social anxiety can be improved significantly with individual counseling or class.
Symptoms vary depending on the type of anxiety but some symptoms include:
• Excessive worry and anticipation
• Avoidance of social situations,
• Shyness and self consciousness
• Feelings of panic, fear, and uneasiness
• Uncontrollable, obsessive thoughts
• Problems sleeping
• Cold or sweaty hands and/or feet
• Shortness of breath
• Heart palpitations
• An inability to be still and calm
• Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
• Muscle tension